fps drops fix & how to make auto strafe-lean

For PC Tutorials, game Tutorials, and general technical questions to be answered. if you think you know something useful then write it here!

fps drops fix & how to make auto strafe-lean

Postby aimBob » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:55 pm

For those of you who have a multi-core-CPU and got problems with dropping frame rates the first of the following tips might help you whereas the second tweak can ease your finger pain while trying to dodge bullets:

1. Drops in framerates while playing MOHAA, Spearhead, or Breakthrough
This has to do with your MOH sometimes loading with the framerates drastically low. This happens on machines with multi core processors. MOH was designed for single cores and doesn't know what to do with mulitple cores. Because of this it processes erratically between cores reducing the framerates. The fix for this is simple, but annoying. Load up your game and if your frames are low Alt+Ctrl+Del out to Task Manager and find ""moh_spearhead.exe"" under the processes tab. Right click on it and select ""Set Affinity..."". Choose either core, but only one core. Maximize back into your MOH game and your framerates should be at the correct speed. (Only drawback: You have to perform this procedure every time you start up your game to have it working.)
One can also use the program nHancer and select the compatibility tab for Medal of Honor. The last setting is CPU multi core support. Check off ""single core"" and nHancer should save the setting, so you will not have to use Task Manager everytime you play the game. This has been fixed in recent nVidia drivers.

2. Easy way to have lean and strafe bound to the same key
Open up your default text editor such as notepad and paste in this line bind a "+moveleft; +leanleft". Hit enter and add bind d "+moveright; +leanright". Now save this file as LSON.cfg in your mainta folder for SH or maintt folder for BT. Now create another text file and add bind a "+moveleft" and add another line with bind d "+moveright". Save this text file as LSOFF.cfg in the same folder you saved LSON.cfg into. Now whenever you are in the game and want to have leaning and strafing at the same time you simply pull down your console and type in exec LSON.cfg. This turns it on and typing in exec LSOFF.cfg will turn off the lean+strafe. You can also add the cmd +exec LSON.cfg at the end of the target line in your shortcut.

Credits for these tips go to the 81st Elite Eagles: http://www.81stee.com/modules.php?name= ... opic&t=513
aimBob

Re: fps drops fix and how to make auto strafe-lean

Postby Fcrate » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Thanks for the tips and the effort put in typing that :O I'm sure our little fuckers already got the lean cfgs ready made from mpc :music:
Moved to Tutorials section & renamed.
هل إتخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير
Fcrate
Server Admin

Re: fps drops fix & how to make auto strafe-lean

Postby aimBob » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks Fcrate. Didn't remember the tutorial section.
aimBob

Postby TheOldSoldier » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:17 pm

I set it, to a single core. And fps is a bit higher. But like you say a pain, if you have to do every single time.
Is there a reputable site, where I can download this without adware/spyware?
TheOldSoldier
No shit, Sherlock.

Postby Fcrate » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Here Oldy:
  • Create a shortcut to the game on desktop
  • Right click, select properties.
  • In "Target" delete everything there and add this instead:
    Code: Select all
    C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity xx "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\MOHAA\moh_spearhead.exe"
    where xx is the value of the affinity, and change the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\MOHAA\moh_spearhead.exe to whereever you have your game.
  • Affinity: = 01. 1st CPU
    02. 2nd CPU
    03. 1st and 2nd CPU
    04. 3rd CPU
    05. 1st and 3rd CPU
    06. 2nd and 3rd CPU
Fcrate
Server Admin

Postby TheOldSoldier » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks Fcrate, I will try that. Did razor boost do something similar, to running in on a single core. I stopped using it, as later version, started to crash Mohaa.
TheOldSoldier
No shit, Sherlock.

Postby Fcrate » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:20 pm

I don't use it anymore Oldy, so I don't know for sure, but I'm quite sure they didn't.
Fcrate
Server Admin

Return to Tutorials