[Tutorial] How to remove binds/Forced messages

For PC Tutorials, game Tutorials, and general technical questions to be answered. if you think you know something useful then write it here!

[Tutorial] How to remove binds/Forced messages

Postby Fcrate » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:32 pm

I wrote this Tutorial on 2A forum long time ago, I copy it here again so that our members can still make good use of it:

Hello everyone, I noticed now more and more people are complaining about certain messages appearing in game's chat under their own name, and they don't know what's going on, and they don't know how to stop them, As many noob clans induce some binds to MAKE you say something to advertise them without your permission, or without you knowing.
This tutorial explains how to remove such messages.
1. Open the game, don't connect to any server.
2. Open the console using the tilde button "the button under esc"
(to enable console go to options>advanced>check on: console)
3. Type in console: bindlist, press enter; a list of all binds appear, as follows:
Code: Select all
bind a "+moveleft"
bind d "+moveright"
bind j "say **** noob clan is the best"

4. Find the button(s) that say the advertising messages/noob messages, in our example its " j "
5. Type in console: unbind j , press enter.
6. quit the game, reopen it, enjoy.
Important: whenever you visit those servers again, the binds will be back, the messages will return, to prevent this, to to your mohaa folder then to maintt folder ( if you're using breakthrough ) or mainta folder (if you're using spearhead) then right click on the folder: configs, go to its properties, and make it read only. this way when they force these binds on you, its gonna work till you quit MoH:AA, when you reopen it, the binds are gone.
Good luck. (Y)
هل إتخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير
Fcrate
Server Admin

Return to Tutorials